We provide GPL PHP libraries to be used in any project for conversion, import and export of bibliographic exchange formats (EndNote, BibTeX etc.), formatting of raw bibliographic data and citations (APA, Chicago, IEEE etc.) and a range of other utilities. Packages include:
- OSBiB ~ bibliography/citation formatter comprising tools to format bibliographies and citations within a block of text and to create and edit styles. Styles bundled with the download include APA, MLA, Chicago, Turabian, Harvard, British Medical Journal and IEEE. The bibliography and citation formatting can be tested here.
- bibtexParse ~ parse a BibTeX .bib file into PHP arrays.
- charmyKnife ~ the Swiss Army Knife of character conversion.
- minimalRtf ~ provides minimal Rich Text Formatting for marking-up text.
- modsParse ~ parse a MODS file in PHP arrays.
Download the libraries from the SourceForge download page. Bibliographic management systems must be downloaded from their respective homepages.
The BibGlimpse project has kindly made available the Perl script MedlineRetriever to automatically retrieve MEDLINE entries from PubMed for arbitrary PDF files. The project is described here.